Dear US-based Medium Writers — Please Make Our Voices Heard
Finally, I had an email from Medium that wasn’t spam about a submission or a random comment or clap.
It was something I was excited about. Medium’s Research team wanted to hear from its writers to improve based on feedback.
But the excitement was short-lived.
The survey was meant for only US based writers, which I guess is fair in the majority/consensus ruled world.
My appeal to fellow writers on Medium, who are based in the US, is to please make our voices heard. What do we want?
- Transparency on “distribution” and better algorithms
- Equal opportunity for each piece of content to shine based on quality and no other factor
- Reader-friendly and dynamic ways of accessing their favorite writers and content
- Less of “Medium publication” crap constantly pushed to the reader
- Just more relevant eyeballs for all our work
It is a tiny request. Please don’t disappoint.